If you have been wondering whether you should do weight training while expcteing I recommend you do, because strength training during pregnancy has great benefits:
- Helps build stamina needed for labor and delivery
- Improved weight management, decreases excess fat storage
- Minimize aches and pains while improving posture
- Promotes less complicated labor and a more rapid recovery
- Enhances body image and mental well being
About Our Expert
Caitlin Zimbrick is a pre and post-natal fitness expert and certified personal trainer. Caitlin holds a fitness certification through the American Council on Exercise (ACE). An Oregon native and former collegiate athlete, Caitlin grew up playing and loving team sports. She went on to play volleyball at Oregon State University, where she earned a degree in business.
Caitlin leads the fitness team as The Gym & Spa Manager at The Battery, a Members-only social club in San Francisco. Caitlin provides remote personal coaching sessions for expectant and new mothers, preparation for a healthy conception as well as general personal training for health maintenance, weight loss and a healthy lifestyle.